You're not drinking one year's vintage
You’re drinking 30 years of Forrest.
- Forrest are certified as sustainable wine grower for all vineyard sites in Marlborough, Gimblett Gravels Hawke’s Bay, Bannockburn and the Waitaki Valley in Otago.
- Dr John Forrest was a founding member of the research group behind Botryzen, the first organic anti-botryticide now used widely in all vineyards to help reduce pesticide sprays
- Forrest use wild flowers and selected crops in their vineyards to encourage predatory bugs and reduce the use of insecticide sprays
- Forrest use bio-diverse techniques including side mowing, cover crops and under-vine mulch application to minimise the need for sprays and improve soil quality
- Forrest have one Bio-Grow Certified Organic vineyard - The Belmonte Vineyard and working on additional vineyards to obtain certification
- The Forrest Winery is certified a sustainable winery
- Forrest have invested in an energy saving system to ensure they do not waste valuable energy resources
- All winery waste product is recycled where possible often used in the vineyards as fertiliser and irrigation water
- Forrest follows innovation and uses lower weight bottles
- Forrest recycle all cartons and bottles used on site at the winery
Dr John Forrest
Dr John William Forrest was born (1955) and bred in Marlborough, New Zealand. A PhD in Neurophysiology decided to become a wine grower and returned to Marlborough in 1988 to establish Forrest Wines alongside his wife Brigid. Lower alcohol and screw cap pioneer, he is known for pushing the boundaries in New Zealand wine.
Dr Brigid Forrest
Alongside the day-to-day involvement in the vineyard, winery and administration, Brigid has served 30 years as a medical doctor working in General Practice, specialising in pregnancy care, birth and families, and then as a community geriatrician managing the physical and mental health of older people and then Hospice, ensuring that people can live life fully to the very end.
General Manager / Winemaker
Masters in Oenology from Adelaide University, Beth brings with her a wealth of knowledge, vibrancy, youth and an infectious passion for winemaking, continuing the innovative, cutting edge and the sometimes mad scientist theories that have made Forrest what it is today.